Image via Wikipedia
My thought about Osama bin Laden are based mainly from what I read from newspapers and Internet, from what I saw from Television and Youtube videos, from what I heard from Radios and from people I meet everyday. They are sources for his undiminished popularity that even the superstars of Hollywood could not surpass his stardom. He's brilliant. His acting was super and has shaken the world. Now he's believed a cold dead meat! How true is it?
I prepared some questions randomly and they might interest you to give your views and opinions. This is open for feed-backs either bad or good from you readers and visitors.
(1) Who popularized Osama bin Laden? (2) What made him popular? (3) How it began? (4) What encouraged him to stand against his enemy? (5) Who were his enemy? (6) What made him a greatest actor? (7) Who benefited mostly from his actions? (8) Who suffered mostly from his actions? (9) What Osama bin Laden up to now?
You can choose one or two out from those questions for your honest views and opinions or if you wanted to you can answer to all of the questions above. And also you can add more questions to share here if you wished to.
1) Obviously, the people behind the media are the people who popularized Osama bin Laden. This included the thousands of Journalists around the world, the Televisions hosts and newscasters, the Radio hosts and broadcasters, the Cameramen, the Bloggers and other Writers and the common people. And according to FBI -Osama bin Laden was one of the Ten most wanted fugitives of the world. His head was equivalents to 25 millions US dollars plus another 2 millions US dollars for those who can guide of Osama bin Laden whereabouts.
(2) If there were terrorists attacks that killed hundreds and thousands of innocents people and destroyed buildings and other properties Osama bin Laden’s name was always connected to them – as the planner or the mastermind. Example for this was the September 11 tragedy. But Osama bin Laden had denied these accusations.
(3) Osama bin Laden’s popularity began when he joined and supported mujahideen – the Muslim fighters fighting the Soviet Union in Afghanistan following the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in 1979, when he established in 1984 an organization named Maktab al-Khadamat known as (MAK), which was supported by the governments of Pakistan, United States and Saudi Arabia. When in 1988 Osama bin Laden had left MAK and established a new rebel group called al-Queda. For details better watch the video about Bin Laden’s beginnings.
(4) According to the reports, the deployment of US troops in Saudi Arabia in 1990/91 in connection with the Gulf War shocked and revolted Osama bin Laden and after the Gulf War followed by the establishment of permanent bases for non-Muslim US forces in Saudi Arabia that increased his strident criticisms of the Saudi monarchy and this had led him to be expeled to Sudan in 1991. And in 1995, the Saudi government stripped Osama bin Laden of his citizenship after he claimed responsibility for attacks on US and Saudi military bases in Riyadh and Dharan.
(5) The Americans were Osama bin Laden’s enemy. In 1996, Osama bin Laden declared war against the United States. His declaration was published in Al Quds al Arabi, a London newspaper entitled “Declaration of War against the Americans Occupying the Land of the Two Holy Places”.
(6) Leading his men, Osama bin laden fulfilled the August 7, 1998 bombings of the United States embassies in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and Nairobi, Kenya that killed at least 225 people and injured more than 4,000 innocents.
(7) The results of Osama bin Laden’s devilish actions sometimes had shaken the world. However, there were people benefited from his atrocities – the sector of the unscrupulous businessmen around the world. I can still remember when I first arrived in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in 1994, the oil price per barrel was between 27 to 29 US dollars but when the terrorists attacks destroyed and killed many people, the oil price hiked. Many countries especially the third world countries have suffered following the tremendous hiked of basic commodities.
(8) The people who suffered mostly of Osama bin Laden’s actions were not only those people killed and the bereaved families but most especially the poor people around the world. His actions resulted also of closing many factories resulting to millions of unemployment around the world.
(9) Now Osama bin Laden is believed a cold dead meat. However, there are people who still don’t believed that he was killed as there was no evidence yet of his dead body!