Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I Seal Her Lips With a Kiss

Twenty-four days to go, my wife and I will celebrate our first 25th year wedding anniversary. Now I can feel my heart is beating faster for joy for the up-coming celebration to take place though it is also filled with some confusing emotions being far away from her on that day. God knows how much I love my wife and my children - the reason why I decided to leave them and breathe my life in foreign lands with this depressing homesickness.

Guys, this maybe sounds funny but I am honestly asking you for suggestions - What I should do to tell my half-life that my Love, my Breath, my Soul and my Life will be rejoicing with her on the day of our 25th year wedding anniversary, which is to take place on December 9, 2011? I am in Saudi Arabia - a thousand miles away from her. I would be grateful to receive some of your captivating ideas and suggestions.

To marry my wife was really a blessing from the Almighty. All my dreams, my decisions and my life grew with her and I can tell you that from marrying my wife was the best decision I ever made. The love I felt for her was my strength. Now we have three children, all girls ages 22, 20 and 19 and we are now approaching our silver wedding anniversary after 24 days.

Our love story is an open book. The ten peso bill on my wallet on the day of our wedding was not the hindrance! I courted her for six days and on the 7th day, we were married. It happened in 1986. Mrs. Corazon C. Aquino was our new Philippine President. On December 3, 1986, I started courting my wife. I visited her in the morning, lunchtime and in the evening for about six days. On December 8, 1986, I got her approval to marry me. Quickly as lightning, we scheduled our wedding the next day December 9, 1986.

That same day, we brought our plan to her parents and it was approved. Also that same day, we contacted our chosen sponsors and we were advised to see them in the morning the next day at Trece, Martirez City Hall to get the marriage license and other documents needed for the civil wedding.

On December 9, 1986 at around 9AM, all the necessary documents for the wedding were completed with the help of our sponsors. At around 10:30 AM we proceeded to the office of the judge located at the second floor of the Municipal City Hall.

The ceremony was simple and very fast. It only took less than ten minutes after the judge declared, “I pronounce you Paul and you Imelda as husband and wife”. Following his declaration were the wishes of congratulations and the signing of our signatures on the documents with his signature and the signatures of our godparents.

On our way home, I was surprised when my wife directly asked me, “Love was the wedding authentic?” I was speechless... what I did; I just embraced her and sealed her lips with a kiss!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It

Disclaimer

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page: http://pruelpostararticles.blogspot.com/