Monday, September 19, 2011

My Complete Name is Only 17 Letters But After I Spelled Them Out It Totalled 89 Letters

FAA radiotelephony phonetic alphabet and Morse...

Image via Wikipedia

Published on Writinghood, Mar 3, 2011 Category – Writing

Paulino is my first name chosen by my father. Odien is my mother’s maiden name. Pruel is my father’s surname. My surname Pruel is included in the Biblical name – with a corresponding meaning as the "Name of the Angel guarding the South wind".

My complete name Paulino Odien Pruel is only 17 letters. But after I spelled them out they totalled 89 letters. How come?

To prove that I am telling you the truth nothing but the truth – I will flesh them out one by one and will show them to you – and who knows you would be interested too - to do the same what I have done. This is a kind of brain and mouth exercise and this is about learning.

My first name P A U L I N O = seven letters, My middle name O D I E N = five letters and My surname P R U E L = five letters. This totalled 17 letters.

To spell my first name PAULINO – I will take each letter one by one as shown below:

  • P is spelled as PAPA = 4 letters
  • A is spelled as ALPHA = 5 letters
  • U is spelled as Uniform = 7 letters
  • L is spelled as LIMA = 4 letters
  • I is spelled as INDIA = 5 letters
  • N is spelled as November = 8 letters
  • O is spelled as Oscar = 5 letters

After I spelled PAULINO and counted the letters it totalled 38 letters. Now I will proceed to spell my middle name which is ODIEN.

  • O is spelled as Oscar = 5 letters
  • D is spelled as Delta = 5 letters
  • I is spelled as India = 5 letters
  • E is spelled as Echo = 4 letters
  • N is spelled as November = 8 letters

My middle name has totalled 27 letters. Now to complete I will proceed to my surname which is PRUEL.

  • P is spelled as Papa = 4 letters
  • R is spelled as Romeo = 5 letters
  • U is spelled as Uniform = 7 letters
  • E is spelled as Echo = 4 letters
  • L is spelled as Lima = 4 letters

My surname has totalled 24 letters. So my complete name Paulino Odien Pruel - after I spelled them one by one from the original total of 17 letters now become 89 letters (first name 38 + middle name 27 + surname 24 letters).

To clear the headache I used the phonetic alphabets. Each letter found in the English Alphabets has a corresponding word in Phonetic Alphabets such as:

A = ALPHA, B = BRAVO, C = CHARLIE, D = DELTA, E = ECHO, F = FOXTROT, G = GOLF, H = HOTEL, I = INDIA, J = JULIET, K = KILO, L = LIMA, M = MIKE, N = NOVEMBER, O = OSCAR, P = PAPA, Q = QUEBEC, R = ROMEO, S = SIERRA, T = TANGO, U = UNIFORM, V = VICTOR, W = WHISKY, X = X-RAY, Y = YANKEE and Z = ZULU.

Phonetic Alphabets according to English Dictionaries and other Encyclopedias are often called Spelling Alphabets. It is used to spell out words when speaking to someone not able to see the speaker, meaning there are no visual cues which assist the listener. Giving one’s name over the telephone is a common scenario where a spelling alphabet is often used. It is not bad at all to learn and memorize the Phonetic Alphabets!

 

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It

Disclaimer

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page: http://pruelpostararticles.blogspot.com/