Sunday, September 11, 2011

Learning is The Fifth of The Ten Virtues That Will Heal Our Hearts, Homes and Nations

BRISTOL, UNITED KINGDOM - FEBRUARY 24:  School...

Image by Getty Images via @daylife

Published on AuthSpot, Jan 23, 2011 Category – Thoughts

Learning is define as acquiring new or modifying existing knowledge, behaviors, skills, values, or preferences that may involve on synthesizing different types of information.

Mostly of us love to learn. No matter how old we become, we can acquire knowledge and use it. We can gather wisdom and profit from it. We can grow progress and improve and in the process – strengthen the lives of those within our circle of influence.

To its simplest definition, education is the training of the mind and body. Education is the great conversion process under which abstract knowledge becomes useful and productive activity. It is something that need never stop. We can enrich our lives dramatically through the miracle of reading and exposure to the arts.

When I arrived in Saudi Arabia in 1994, I was first employed as a janitor/laborer. That will be my work position for two years and nine months. The management has noticed my hard work because I was promoted to be a Facility Records Clerk. After sometime I was again promoted to be an Analyst/Bookkeeper and this would be my job for nine years and three months.

My education did not stop there because aside from working, I also devote sometime for my other interests. While employed, I took up a creative writing course via email with the Writer’s Bureau in Manchester London in 1999. In 2001, I took up Journalism and short story writing course with the ICS (International Correspondence School) PA, USA via email.

The promotion did not stop there. In 2006, I was assigned as Secretary to the Vice President, then later as an Analyst. At present, the company I am working for assigned me to manage a new showroom that sells home decors. From being a mere janitor, I had gone a long way and one can say that things just get better and better for me.

To read my other articles on virtues – click the following: Love, Honesty, Morality and Civility.

I grew up believing that it was desirable to be informed, to be educated, to increase one’s understanding about the world and its people. Here one does not have to be a genius to get ahead. One does not have to be brilliant to make the difference in this world, to reach out, to help, to serve and lead others.

It is not enough just to live and survive. It is necessary on each of us to equip ourselves to do something worthwhile in society – to acquire more and more light, so that our personal light can help illuminate a darkened world. And this is made possible through learning, through educating ourselves, through progressing and growing in both mind and spirit.

 

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It

Disclaimer

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page: http://pruelpostararticles.blogspot.com/